You should always get advice from a TAC expert if you are injured on the road or due to a motor vehicle. Cyclists injured in Victoria are only covered by the TAC scheme in limited situations, including:
- If they are hit by a motor vehicle (including trams and trains)
- If they are injured in an accident swerving to avoid a car.
- If they are involved in a “dooring” accident.
- If the cyclist collides with a stationary car on their way to or from work.
- If the accident is caused by debris which is on the road due to the driving of another vehicle.