You should always get advice from a TAC expert if you are injured on the road or due to a motor vehicle. Cyclists injured in Victoria are only covered by the TAC scheme in limited situations, including:

  1. If they are hit by a motor vehicle (including trams and trains)
  2. If they are injured in an accident swerving to avoid a car.
  3. If they are involved in a “dooring” accident.
  4. If the cyclist collides with a stationary car on their way to or from work.
  5. If the accident is caused by debris which is on the road due to the driving of another vehicle.
Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search