There are three ways a decision can be reviewed – informally, through a dispute resolution process or though the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

  1. Get a copy of the TAC decision in writing. You have 12 months after you receive the decision in writing to formally challenge the decision.
  2. If you want to request an informal review of the decision, write to TAC and ask them to reconsider. This does not protect your time limit to challenge the decision.
  3. To go through the dispute resolution process you will need a lawyer acting for you. The lawyer should give you advice on the likely outcome of challenging a TAC decision & lodge the application on your behalf.  This application does protect your time limits to challenge the decision.
  4. Once an application to dispute the decision is lodged, your lawyer should give the TAC a statement prepared for you, and any other supporting documents.
  5. An informal conference will be held with the TAC to negotiate an outcome.
  6. If the dispute cannot be resolved as part of the dispute resolution process,  you can lodge an application to have the dispute heard at the Victorian Civil Administration Tribunal (VCAT).


1300 383 825 or email [email protected]

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search