Whether the accident involved a car, motorbike,
train, tram, or a bus, you should be able to access TAC benefits.

Motor Vehicle Accident
TAC Claims

The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) is the insurer for all injuries in Victorian motor vehicle accidents. You can lodge a TAC claim if you are injured as a result of a road accident involving a car, truck, tram, motorcycle, bicycle or as a pedestrian.

How does the TAC compensation scheme work?

When you pay to register a motor vehicle, part of that payment goes to the TAC.

People who are injured in road accidents (no matter whose fault the accident was) are entitled to TAC benefits. Even if you were injured by an unidentified driver you will still have a TAC claim.

Do I need a lawyer for my TAC claim?

The TAC will make decisions about your benefits but they won’t give you legal advice.  Without an experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer acting for you, TAC won’t give you all the compensation you deserve.

Watch this short video to see expert TAC lawyer Megan Caines, show you how to lodge a TAC claim in just 5 easy steps.

Still unsure where to start with your TAC claim?

Don’t know if you have a claim? Call Polaris and we’ll set you straight with free initial advice and help lodging your claim.

You can find out more online now, by visiting our “Frequently asked questions”.

Polaris has a highly experienced team of TAC lawyers. We know every corner of the TAC motor vehicle accident system and know how to get you everything you’re entitled to.

If you have been injured in a road or motor vehicle accident; you are likely to be entitled to a range of benefits including:

  • Medical expenses
  • Wage replacement
  • Lump sum payments for your permanent impairment
  • Damages for pain and suffering
  • Domestic care expenses
  • Travel expenses (for attending medical appointments)

Unsure where to turn after
a motor vehicle accident?

Use our free online tool to find out how to get started with a TAC claim.


With over 30 years combined experience in personal injury law we have the knowledge and insight to get the best outcomes for our clients.

Take the stress out of pursuing a claim and focus on your recovery. We are a compassionate and understanding team with no hidden fees or charges, free initial advice when and where you need it.

Start typing and press Enter to search