Polaris acts on a “No Win No Fee” basis, meaning that you don’t pay for our fees until you win your claim for compensation.
When you receive TAC compensation, the TAC will be required to pay for some of your costs.
Just like a doctor that does not bulk bill, you will be asked to pay the gap between the total costs and what the insurer does not pay.
The costs you pay when you win are not a percentage of your compensation. Instead, costs are calculated based on the work that Polaris has done, and the portion of those costs which has been paid by the TAC.
Want to know more?
Send us an email and we’ll give you a copy of a cost agreement so you can see for yourself. Also, see the examples provided below.
- You win your case by settlement with the TAC after documents are lodged with the TAC but without the need to lodge court documents.
- You receive $250,000 in compensation.
- The total costs (including disbursements) are $60,000.
- The TAC pays $40,000 of your total costs.
- There is $20,000 in shortfall costs.
- Your costs for this milestone were capped at $30,000
- Because the shortfall costs are less than the cap, you pay only $20,000 in costs from your compensation.
- You win your case by settlement with the TAC at a mediation and you receive $300,000 in compensation.
- The total costs (including disbursements) are $75,000.
- The TAC pays $35,000 of your total costs.
- There is $40,000 in shortfall costs.
- Your outstanding costs are $40,000
- Your shortfall costs were capped at $30,000
- You only pay the capped amount of $30,000, rather than the shortfall of $40,000