The majority of TAC claims are for injuries sustained as a result of a car accident.

You can lodge a claim for compensation if you sustained injuries either as the driver or passenger of a car involved in a road accident.

If you were injured by or whilst driving a motor vehicle which was unregistered at the time of the accident, you can still be covered by TAC as long as the vehicle was capable of being registered with VicRoads.

For example:

  • Electric scooters and similar devices are unlikely to be capable of being registered for VicRoads purposes.
  • A tractor on a farm hits into you and causes injury. As long as the tractor is capable of being registered, you will be entitled to TAC benefits.

If you are injured by a motor vehicle accident in a private driveway, you can also make a TAC claim. You may also be able to make a claim if the injury takes place on private land, for example a paddock, depending on the circumstances.

Find out about what benefits you are entitled to if injured in a motor vehicle accident in Victoria.


1300 383 825 or email [email protected]

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search