If you were a cyclist and you were involved in a collision with a motor vehicle you will be entitled to TAC coverage.

There are also situations where there is not a direct collision however you may still be covered under the TAC scheme. For example, if you are injured as a result of a motor vehicle door opening onto you or if a motor vehicle crashes into you, you can make a claim with the TAC. If you swerve your bicycle to avoid a motor vehicle and are injured as a result of the accident, you will be covered by the TAC.

Since 9 July 2014, any cyclist injured in a collision with stationary vehicles can also lodge a TAC claim to access benefits and compensation.

Find out about what benefits you are entitled to if injured in a bicycle accident in Victoria.


1300 383 825 or email [email protected]

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search