If you were injured on land owned or managed by a Victorian local Council you may be able to bring a claim which includes compensation for pain and suffering, medical expenses and economic loss. Usually you will need to prove:

  1. The Council has acted or failed to act reasonably when maintaining, inspecting or constructing the area.
  2. The Council knew or should have known of the risk.
  3. You suffered a permanent “significant” injury.
  4. The Council’s failure to maintain, inspect or properly construct the area is a cause of your injuries.
  5. In some situations, the Council may have public policy defences available to them.
  6. That your claim is brought within a strict time limit.
  7. Contact a personal injury lawyer to get legal advice about your claim to make sure that your rights and entitlements are protected.


1300 383 825 or email [email protected]

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search